This excellent article provides guidance on how to craft cold emails that get read. Simply stated …
- Have an attention grabbing subject line. “Hello there” will not cut it.
- The content should be clear and easy to read. Get to the point and quickly without any guessing required by the reader.
- Focus on format, grammar and spelling. Being sloppy does not leave a good impression.
- Provide contact information. Use professional credentials including company logo, address, phone number and other contact information.
- And did you convey the desired emotion via the email. In other words did the following get accomplished
- Will the reader be interested in reading the entire email?
- Does the reader have a clear understanding of why they are receiving the email?
- Does your reader feel celebrated and appreciated in the email?
- Does your reader have a reason to respond to the email?